Bellows Double Seal
The BDTP™ (Bellows Double Tandem Pumping) is a highly-innovative hybrid design, modular to the BDFI™. The seal's directed barrier fluid flow path achieves optimum heat removal at both sets of seal faces. The inboard bellows unit is ideally suited to replace the semi-dynamic sliding elastomer of a conventional pusher type seal which allows it to be more readily applied to thermal applications.
With 50% more bellows than the industry standard (12 instead of 8) there is less stress on each convolution in the bellows stack which helps increase seal life. AESSEAL® standard bellows material, Alloy 276, has superior mechanical and corrosion resistance properties than other industry standard bellows materials such as 300 series Stainless Steel or Alloy 20. The hydraulically balanced bellows unit is available in a variety of different material options with either elastomer or graphite packing sealing rings.
- Inboard bellows unit ideally situated to replace sliding elastomer of conventional pusher type seal
- Integral bi-directional flow inducer
- Fits on pumps with thin radial cross sectional spaces
- 50% more bellows than industry standard reduces stress on each convolution of bellows stack
- Modular design enables use on multiple applications, simplicity of purchase and fast delivery